6.07.2013

cube life remastered


Before I left Toronto I was heard to say on several occasions that if I took a job sitting at a desk again it would be for myself, which is, and isn't really, exactly what I've done. I've been at AppNeta for just over a month now and while "technically" I don't own the place it still feels like working for myself. 

I was well passed the danger zone of going obsolete in the skills department at my last job and treading into only-employable-in-my-niche territory. I feel lucky to have skittered sideways into a company working on pretty modern stacks and doing interesting stuff. 

I dunno if I buy all that "you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with" stuff and I'm pretty sure I don't want to surround myself with smart people who'll argue with me, though whenever I've spent time with friends like that I learned quite a bit despite my tendency for dogged single mindedness. And there are some seriously smart characters rolling around the new gig.

No comments: