1.06.2007

ottawa in twenty four hours


So my dad called me up recently to say he would be in Ottawa for a few days, and work being a sucking vortex of evil decided to give me just one day off to head up there. I snagged a cheap ride at the island (nuts to the whiners, an airport downtown is a mighty convenience) and grabbed a quick visit and a tour of the office which was pretty cool. The liquid cooled gravity meter was pretty wild looking, they keep it in a tea cosy though which adds an odd grandmotherly look. Good little visit before he's off to work in a Peruvian summer for another couple months, try not to have too much fun

I had a few hours to roll around the city while he straightened out some last minute stuff at work and while I was looking around I managed to photograph the elusive Canadian crackspider! Fortunately I kept my cool having been previously alerted to the dangers of the crackspider and how to avoid becoming its bitch by my well prepared friend Anneveld, thanks Anne.

1 comment:

ポール said...

Not the only one, I'm afraid. There's another one at the base of the Roppongi Hills complex in Tokyo. Amusingly, I'd seen that one before discovering the one in Ottawa the following year. I wonder if there are any others in obscure locales..

crackspider #2